This is another dish inspired both by hunger and by the need to clear out stuff from the fridge! I had a few button mushrooms that were getting past their prime, lots of curly parsley and a red chilli that was slowly drying up in the fridge. Being very hungry, I only had time enough to boil pasta and make sure the sauce was ready by the time it was al dente.
2 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips
3 mushrooms, sliced
½ cup curly parsley, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped coarsely
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water till al dente.
- In the mean time, fry the bacon in a non-stick pan till browned. Add the mushrooms and keep frying till brown.
- Toss in the chilli and cook for half a minute, then add the parsley and stir for a few seconds.
- The pasta should be cooked by now. Toss in the pasta and stir till pasta is well coated. Add a bit of cooking liquid if it’s too dry. Alternatively you can add oil if you’re not watching your weight.
- Season to taste. Hurry up and eat already!
Note: If you prefer, either leave out the chilli or remove the seeds to make it less hot.