I was sick and in need of some easy and good comfort food. Even though there wasn’t a great deal in the fridge, thankfully there was chicken stock and chicken breast in the freezer, and a carrot in the fridge. This porridge made me feel miles better. It’s so easy to make it probably doesn’t really need a recipe, but he goes anyway.
½ cup rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 carrot, sliced
1 chicken breast
- Add the rice and chicken stock to the rice cooker. Slide the carrots atop the rice and sit the chicken breast above the carrots.
- Start the rice cooker. Check back every few minutes. Fish out the chicken breast once the mixture boils and set it aside.
- When the chicken has cooled, shred it.
- After about 20 minutes, check on the porridge. The carrots should be soft and the rice cooked. If it’s turned into rice, simply add water and stir till you get the right consistency.
- Add salt, soy sauce and sesame oil to taste. Top with fried shallots and serve.
Serves 2 sickies.